The International Campaign for Tibet seeks a part-time intern to work in ICT’s development department. The development department is tasked with generating the operating budget for the organization and does so through direct mail, major gifts, events and e-appeals. This is a terrific opportunity to get experience at a leading human rights organization while learning about the field of fundraising. Relevant majors include: Communications, Marketing, Business, Political Science/Public Affairs, English, Asian Studies, Economics, though all majors will be considered.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be interested and enthusiastic about ICT’s mission;
- Have superb communication skills;
- Have excellent computer skills;
- Be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects under short deadlines;
- Have demonstrated a high level of discretion and attention to detail;
- Be a quick learner and self-motivated; and
- Commit to a regular schedule.
Regular projects include:
- Assisting with Event Planning, Supervision and Follow-up;
- Preparing mailings and publications for prospects and donors;
- Researching prospects and donors;
- Drafting copy for development communications; and
- Filing and other administrative tasks.
If you are interested in this internship, please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample. The writing sample should demonstrate, in no more than two pages, your ability to convey a clear and concise message.
Send application to [email protected]rg or via fax to (202) 785-4343. Interns can arrange for college credit through their college or university.
Also please note that the final internship decisions are not made until the successful completion of a criminal background check.