Join us and help accomplish even more in the year ahead.
Order yours today! The calendar features 12 beautiful photographs of sites that hold a special significance and connection to the history and people of Tibet.
It’s a quick and effective way to speak for the people of Tibet.
China’s nomination for UNESCO World heritage risks imperilling Tibetans and wildlife
- There are fears that a major fire might have damaged the Jokhang Temple in Lhasa, one of the holiest and ancient sites in Tibet, on the second day of the Tibetan New Year (Losar). Videos posted online showed flames shooting from the direction of the roof of the seventh-century temple on Saturday (February 17); Tibetans could be heard weeping and praying.
- Damage may be more widespread than the authorities acknowledge, and reports that communications are being blocked and posts about the fire on social media deleted, consistent with the oppressive political climate in Lhasa. Thousands of pilgrims are currently in Tibet's capital for New Year.
Latest News & Reports
› A Look at the New Provincial Level Tibetan Leadership
› Follow-up: Süddeutsche Zeitung risks its credibility
› Selling out: Germany’s Süddeutsche Zeitung and its Chinese propaganda ads
› Analyzing Chinese Official Zhang Yijiong’s Remarks on Dalai Lama and Tibet
ICT ON TWITTER
- Grace Spring receiving the Light of Truth from ICT President Matteo Mecacci. Also in the picture are Burlington May… https://t.co/uXr1cucMXT 3 days ago
- RT @katesictibet: Tibetans have worshipped at the holy #Jokhang temple in #Lhasa for 1000 years, inc over last 2 days as pilgrims mark #Los… 3 days ago retweeted via katesictibet
- Fears for Jokhang Temple in Tibet as huge fire breaks out in Lhasa: https://t.co/23BzRkr2hI 3 days ago