AUGUST 12 – 14, 2016 • TUOLUMNE MEADOWS • YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK
The International Campaign for Tibet invites you to join renowned and legendary members of the outdoor community for a unique weekend of adventure in Yosemite in support of the promotion and preservation of Tibetan culture. This annual event includes outdoor activities like hiking and climbing, as well as talks and lessons with professional climbers, photographers and Himalayan experts.
All proceeds will benefit the Rowell Fund for Tibet, created in memory of Galen and Barbara Rowell and working to continue their efforts in support of Tibetan wildlife and culture.
PROGRAM WILL FEATURE:
- Time lapse photography with Tony Rowell
- Rock climbing with Peter Croft
- Photo techniques with Jimmy Chin
- Morning Meditation & Awakening Kindness workshop with Grammy nominated Tibetan Artist Nawang Khechog
- Film screening and discussion
- And more!
$2,000* COST PER PERSON INCLUDES:
- Reserved campsite at Tuolumne Meadows Campgrounds
- A weekend full of once in a lifetime memories
- Tents and sleeping bags (unless you prefer to bring your own)
- Gourmet catered meals and beverages by High Camp
- A variety of optional activities; hiking, nature walks, photography workshops, rock climbing
- The weekend will begin the afternoon of Friday, August 12 and conclude after brunch and outdoor activities on August 14
- No experience or equipment is necessary
- Children and families welcome – contact for more information
- Space is limited
The Rowell Fund is a project of the International Campaign for Tibet and was established in memory of Galen and Barbara Rowell after their untimely deaths in 2002. The Fund awards small grants to Tibetans who are working to promote their culture and environment in the arenas of environmental conservation, photography, humanitarian issues, journalism/literature, and women’s projects.
*A significant portion of this fee will be a tax-deductible donation to the Rowell Fund for Tibet.