2012 Rowell Fund for Tibet
This year’s application is now available for download. Application materials will be accepted from September 1st -- September 30th (midnight Eastern Standard Time). Applications submitted during any other time of the year cannot be considered, and will not be returned. All applications received during the month of September will be acknowledged within 7 days of receipt. If sending in your application by mail, please use a paper clip instead of staples.
Please email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail* them to:
International Campaign for Tibet
Rowell Fund for Tibet
1825 Jefferson Place, NW
Washington, DC 20036
*Applications sent by mail must be received no later than September 30th.
Applications should include all of the following:
- The Application Form;
- A project proposal of no more than 500 words double spaced in English or Chinese, or 1,000 words in Tibetan; and
- An itemized budget proposal of no more than one page in length detailing how you plan to use the grant money (maximum U.S. $7,500).
This year, the Rowell Fund has decided to give priority to projects that deal with impacts of climate change in Tibet. Nevertheless, applications relating to other following themes, which were issues of importance to the late Galen and Barbara Rowell, are welcome:
- Humanitarian Projects;
- Journalism/Literature; or
- Women’s projects.
Eligibility: Tibetans from any country are eligible to apply. Tibetans working for organizations may apply on behalf of the organization, provided that the applicant is central to the implementation of the project’s work. Non-Tibetans are ineligible for grants from the Rowell Fund for Tibet.
Projected Timeline for Grant Selection: Following receipt applications will be compiled by ICT staff and sent to the Advisory Board of the Rowell Fund for Tibet in late October. The Advisory Board will select grantees in November. Applicants will be notified in early December and funds will be distributed in mid-December.
Please send any questions to email@example.com.
Rowell Fund for Tibet Grantees
- 2011 Rowell Fund For Tibet Grantees
- 2010 Rowell Fund For Tibet Grantees
- 2009 Rowell Fund For Tibet Grantees
- 2008 Rowell Fund for Tibet Grantees
- 2007 Rowell Fund for Tibet Grantees
- 2006 Rowell Fund for Tibet Grantees
- 2005 Rowell Fund for Tibet Grantees
- 2004 Rowell Fund for Tibet Grantees
- 2003 Rowell Fund for Tibet Grantees
|Available for $7.00 plus shipping and handling: www.savetibetstore.org|
|Tibet: Lhasa and Beyond, takes readers from town to town, offering them a chance to get to know these places and the Tibetans who call them home. Each month features a different hometown, highlighting the significance of the area and juxtaposing it with Tibetans’ political turmoil.|