12 Tibetan-Australians headed to Canberra for the second Tibet Advocacy Day, organised by Australia Tibet Council, on 18 March. They met with 40 Members of Parliament and urged the Australian government to join like-minded governments in their efforts to address the escalating crisis in Tibet.
Rare footage of Runggye Adak (Tibetan: རོང་རྒྱས་ཨ་གྲགས།), a Tibetan nomad serving an eight-year prison sentence for expressing Tibetans’ loyalty to the Dalai Lama in front of an audience of thousands, is made public this week by the International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) to mark the third anniversary of the incident.
Footage from the Olympic torch protest in San Francisco on April 9, 2008. Features Archbishop Desmond Tutu speaking.
A 60 minute documentary about China’s kidnapping and imprisonment of a 6 year old religious figure from Tibet.
ICT Public Service Announcement featuring Richard Gere, Harrison Ford, Julia Roberts, Sting, Adam Yauch, Alanis Morissette and others.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
FILTER YOUR SEARCH
ICT ON TWITTER
- A message from Richard Gere, Chairman of the International Campaign for Tibet, to the #Tibet Solidarity Rally in Ne… https://t.co/wW3ubr0etK 11 hours ago
- Ban on access to UNESCO nature reserve in #Tibet raises concerns for nomads who have made skillful use of the remot… https://t.co/ThCz3R3qpa 1 day ago
- Very glad to see @RepEspaillat, Rep. @GerryConnolly, and @RepSires have joined as the latest cosponsors of H.Con.Re… https://t.co/eqWuA71a73 1 day ago
- Tibetan-Chinese Negotiations
- Chronology of Tibetan-Chinese Relations
- Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Note on the Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Self-immolations by Tibetans
- Government Statements on Tibet Immolations
- History Leading Up to March 10, 1959
- Tibet Maps