Notes on Matteo Mecacci’s first trip to Dharamshala as President of the International Campaign for Tibet, with Tsering Jampa, Executive Director of ICT Europe and a representative from the ICT Board of Directors.
ICT launched its new video on the Tibetan Youth Leadership Program (TYLP) it organised in Brussels in November 2013. From November 12 – 14, 2013, ICT held a capacity-building program in Brussels with ten Tibetan students residing and studying in 5 different European countries.
An hour-long documentary that explores the causes behind the 118 self-immolations known to have taken place in Tibet since 2009. Combining smuggled videos, first-hand accounts and interviews with experts, scholars, and officials, this film provides an in-depth and comprehensive look at the recent history of Tibet and the powerful forces that lie at the heart of one of the largest waves of political self-immolations in history.
12 Tibetan-Australians headed to Canberra for the second Tibet Advocacy Day, organised by Australia Tibet Council, on 18 March. They met with 40 Members of Parliament and urged the Australian government to join like-minded governments in their efforts to address the escalating crisis in Tibet.
Rare footage of Runggye Adak (Tibetan: རོང་རྒྱས་ཨ་གྲགས།), a Tibetan nomad serving an eight-year prison sentence for expressing Tibetans’ loyalty to the Dalai Lama in front of an audience of thousands, is made public this week by the International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) to mark the third anniversary of the incident.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
FILTER YOUR SEARCH
› “Seeing is believing:” barriers to objective understanding of Tibet
› Amateur hour in Tibet
› A reflection on the 2014 Tibetan Youth Leadership Program
› The EU changing engines on a moving train
ICT ON TWITTER
- RT @Savetibet_Tibet: དགེ་བཤེས་ལྷུན་གྲུབ་བཟོད་པ་ལཊ་ཚེས་༢༨ཉིན་དགོངས་པ་རྫོཊ་འདུག Geshe Sopa RIP via @WiStateJournal http://t.co/LjiC2vrmch htt… 3 days ago retweeted via Savetibet_Tibet
- Tuesday 9/2: panel discussion on challenges of Tibetan democracy, at ICT's Washington office. Please join us! https://t.co/dSCqAsd3kf 3 days ago
- On Int'l Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances: we highlight 41 Tibetans disappeared by Chinese authorities. http://t.co/udqhDcbfNf 3 days ago
- Tibetan-Chinese Negotiations
- Chronology of Tibetan-Chinese Relations
- Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Note on the Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Self-immolations by Tibetans
- Government Statements on Tibet Immolations
- History Leading Up to March 10, 1959
- Tibet Maps