An hour long documentary that includes the entire day’s festivities, beginning with the Nobel ceremony, the traditional celebratory candle light march through the streets of Oslo, the evening celebration dinner organized by the Central Tibetan Administration. ICT thanks Meridian Trust for allowing us to share this video in celebration of the 25 year anniversary of the conferment of the Nobel Prize to His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Notes on Matteo Mecacci’s first trip to Dharamshala as President of the International Campaign for Tibet, with Tsering Jampa, Executive Director of ICT Europe and a representative from the ICT Board of Directors.
ICT launched its new video on the Tibetan Youth Leadership Program (TYLP) it organised in Brussels in November 2013. From November 12 – 14, 2013, ICT held a capacity-building program in Brussels with ten Tibetan students residing and studying in 5 different European countries.
An hour-long documentary that explores the causes behind the 118 self-immolations known to have taken place in Tibet since 2009. Combining smuggled videos, first-hand accounts and interviews with experts, scholars, and officials, this film provides an in-depth and comprehensive look at the recent history of Tibet and the powerful forces that lie at the heart of one of the largest waves of political self-immolations in history.
12 Tibetan-Australians headed to Canberra for the second Tibet Advocacy Day, organised by Australia Tibet Council, on 18 March. They met with 40 Members of Parliament and urged the Australian government to join like-minded governments in their efforts to address the escalating crisis in Tibet.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
FILTER YOUR SEARCH
› Facebook was too busy to meet ICT… even though they had time to welcome China’s internet censors
› Decoding the Pope’s remarks on the missed meeting with the Dalai Lama in Rome
› Pay attention: freedom of speech is the battleground chosen by extremists and authoritarian governments against democratic societies
› Charlie Hebdo and the Chinese assault on free speech
ICT ON TWITTER
- RT @RadioFreeAsia: Tibetans are raiding nets on Qinghai Lake, rescuing endangered fish that were caught illegally. http://t.co/3PO3XylyPZ 18 hours ago retweeted via RadioFreeAsia
- Tibetan nomads hold vigil in Chengdu calling for protection of the grasslands: http://t.co/9sbSvdL1uE http://t.co/GRStYD8WSx 20 hours ago
- #DalaiLama will attend this year’s National Prayer Breakfast on Feb. 5, says @SenBobCasey ’s office http://t.co/0aDDMEe7XE 21 hours ago
- Tibetan-Chinese Negotiations
- Chronology of Tibetan-Chinese Relations
- Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Note on the Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Self-immolations by Tibetans
- Government Statements on Tibet Immolations
- History Leading Up to March 10, 1959
- Tibet Maps