Notes on Matteo Mecacci’s first trip to Dharamshala as President of the International Campaign for Tibet, with Tsering Jampa, Executive Director of ICT Europe and a representative from the ICT Board of Directors.
ICT launched its new video on the Tibetan Youth Leadership Program (TYLP) it organised in Brussels in November 2013. From November 12 – 14, 2013, ICT held a capacity-building program in Brussels with ten Tibetan students residing and studying in 5 different European countries.
An hour-long documentary that explores the causes behind the 118 self-immolations known to have taken place in Tibet since 2009. Combining smuggled videos, first-hand accounts and interviews with experts, scholars, and officials, this film provides an in-depth and comprehensive look at the recent history of Tibet and the powerful forces that lie at the heart of one of the largest waves of political self-immolations in history.
12 Tibetan-Australians headed to Canberra for the second Tibet Advocacy Day, organised by Australia Tibet Council, on 18 March. They met with 40 Members of Parliament and urged the Australian government to join like-minded governments in their efforts to address the escalating crisis in Tibet.
Rare footage of Runggye Adak (Tibetan: རོང་རྒྱས་ཨ་གྲགས།), a Tibetan nomad serving an eight-year prison sentence for expressing Tibetans’ loyalty to the Dalai Lama in front of an audience of thousands, is made public this week by the International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) to mark the third anniversary of the incident.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
FILTER YOUR SEARCH
› Can democratic countries allow Tibetan self-immolators to be called “terrorists”?
› Qin Weiping: “The Tibet Issue and the Chinese Transition to Democracy”
› China’s bullying backfires in South Africa
› Beijing should learn from the Scottish Referendum
ICT ON TWITTER
- ICT report: Popular religious teacher Khenpo Kartse sentenced to 2.5 years in prison in secret trial http://t.co/jRKd8yaYsn #Tibet 9 hours ago
- American actress Selena Gomez left 'speechless' after meeting the Dalai Lama: http://t.co/19h3NTMVTz http://t.co/wRLqtABfqU 13 hours ago
- ICT looks forward to actively working with new EU High Representative Federica Mogherini on #Tibet issues http://t.co/Om1PXATEKe 13 hours ago
- Tibetan-Chinese Negotiations
- Chronology of Tibetan-Chinese Relations
- Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Note on the Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Self-immolations by Tibetans
- Government Statements on Tibet Immolations
- History Leading Up to March 10, 1959
- Tibet Maps