An hour-long documentary that explores the causes behind the 118 self-immolations known to have taken place in Tibet since 2009. Combining smuggled videos, first-hand accounts and interviews with experts, scholars, and officials, this film provides an in-depth and comprehensive look at the recent history of Tibet and the powerful forces that lie at the heart of one of the largest waves of political self-immolations in history.
12 Tibetan-Australians headed to Canberra for the second Tibet Advocacy Day, organised by Australia Tibet Council, on 18 March. They met with 40 Members of Parliament and urged the Australian government to join like-minded governments in their efforts to address the escalating crisis in Tibet.
Rare footage of Runggye Adak (Tibetan: རོང་རྒྱས་ཨ་གྲགས།), a Tibetan nomad serving an eight-year prison sentence for expressing Tibetans’ loyalty to the Dalai Lama in front of an audience of thousands, is made public this week by the International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) to mark the third anniversary of the incident.
Footage from the Olympic torch protest in San Francisco on April 9, 2008. Features Archbishop Desmond Tutu speaking.
A 60 minute documentary about China’s kidnapping and imprisonment of a 6 year old religious figure from Tibet.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
FILTER YOUR SEARCH
› Where is the U.S. Tibet Coordinator?
› Initial reflection on the Spanish National Court’s arrest warrant for Chinese Leaders
› China’s Barkhor: assimilating Tibet’s spiritual heart
› Looking at Chen Quanguo’s Article on Tibet, with more than a pinch of salt
ICT ON TWITTER
- ICT's @bhuchungtsering talks about the legacy of Nelson Manela, via @VOA_Tibet_News (in Tibetan) http://t.co/TSXTQYjY2T 5 days ago
- RT @ToddSteinICT: "If China is getting its way diplomatically on #Tibet, it is not because repression there has eased." Here is why: http:/… 5 days ago retweeted via ToddSteinICT
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama Expresses Condolences at the Passing Away of Nelson Mandela http://t.co/5ICh8An07Y 5 days ago
- Tibetan-Chinese Negotiations
- Chronology of Tibetan-Chinese Relations
- Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Note on the Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Self-immolations by Tibetans
- Government Statements on Tibet Immolations
- History Leading Up to March 10, 1959
- Tibet Maps