An hour long documentary that includes the entire day’s festivities, beginning with the Nobel ceremony, the traditional celebratory candle light march through the streets of Oslo, the evening celebration dinner organized by the Central Tibetan Administration. ICT thanks Meridian Trust for allowing us to share this video in celebration of the 25 year anniversary of the conferment of the Nobel Prize to His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Notes on Matteo Mecacci’s first trip to Dharamshala as President of the International Campaign for Tibet, with Tsering Jampa, Executive Director of ICT Europe and a representative from the ICT Board of Directors.
ICT launched its new video on the Tibetan Youth Leadership Program (TYLP) it organised in Brussels in November 2013. From November 12 – 14, 2013, ICT held a capacity-building program in Brussels with ten Tibetan students residing and studying in 5 different European countries.
An hour-long documentary that explores the causes behind the 118 self-immolations known to have taken place in Tibet since 2009. Combining smuggled videos, first-hand accounts and interviews with experts, scholars, and officials, this film provides an in-depth and comprehensive look at the recent history of Tibet and the powerful forces that lie at the heart of one of the largest waves of political self-immolations in history.
12 Tibetan-Australians headed to Canberra for the second Tibet Advocacy Day, organised by Australia Tibet Council, on 18 March. They met with 40 Members of Parliament and urged the Australian government to join like-minded governments in their efforts to address the escalating crisis in Tibet.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
FILTER YOUR SEARCH
› Xi Jinping as a Living Buddha
› Losar in the State Department Heralds the New Year for Tibetan Americans, in more sense than one
› Make the US Congress hear the voice of Tibet – Join Tibet Lobby Day in Washington DC
› Sheep, the White Haired Treasure
ICT ON TWITTER
- "Compassion means becoming more involved, taking more action, developing more dedication." -@Karmapa17 http://t.co/oEbTRt3cvi 7 hours ago
- EU: #China must "cease the persecution of [ethnic minorities] for the legitimate exercise of their rights." http://t.co/NRGhBTO5x2 #Tibet 8 hours ago
- UN Human Rights Council: EU "encourages #China to address the root causes of unrest" in #Tibet and #Xinjiang http://t.co/NRGhBTO5x2 8 hours ago
- Tibetan-Chinese Negotiations
- Chronology of Tibetan-Chinese Relations
- Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Note on the Memorandum on Genuine Autonomy for the Tibetan People
- Self-immolations by Tibetans
- Government Statements on Tibet Immolations
- History Leading Up to March 10, 1959
- Tibet Maps