Your gift will help bring about peace & freedom - and it will be MATCHED!
Order yours today! The calendar features 12 beautiful photographs of sites that hold a special significance and connection to the history and people of Tibet.
It’s a quick and effective way to speak for the people of Tibet.
China’s nomination for UNESCO World heritage risks imperilling Tibetans and wildlife
- An account of safety fears over construction of the newest line of the Tibet railway, the Lhasa to Shigatse route, is circulating on social media, with the blogger saying that the authorities are “turning a blind eye” to the dangers. The author of the blog, who gives a Chinese name, appears to have detailed knowledge of the railway’s construction and its failings and refers to the military and strategic importance of Tibet’s railway and its extension in areas close to the Indian border.
- The Nepalese press reported that China and Nepal have completed an early study on the cross-border, 100-km railway that they say will connect Kathmandu with the border town of Kyirong (Chinese: Gyirong) in the Tibet Autonomous Region, part of China’s ‘One Belt One Road’ plans, although their account of the extent of underground tunnelling under one of the world’s most seismically active mountain ranges seems unfeasible and highly unlikely.
Latest News & Reports
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
› Selling out: Germany’s Süddeutsche Zeitung and its Chinese propaganda ads
› Analyzing Chinese Official Zhang Yijiong’s Remarks on Dalai Lama and Tibet
› China’s 19th Party Congress and Tibetans
› ICT’s push against the Chinese “divide and rule” strategy in Europe
ICT ON TWITTER
- Tibetans are grateful for Jiang Tianyong's efforts to defend them in court, including Labrang Jigme. This sentenci… https://t.co/UR7bvqUJTQ 13 hours ago
- #DalaiLama Addresses Tibetan Community in Odisha, India: https://t.co/DxOf96UzcJ 17 hours ago
- ICYMI: Can democratic societies get the upper hand against authoritarianism if their own institutions sell out to d… https://t.co/NowJxniq42 19 hours ago